FAQ 2018-10-17T14:10:22+00:00

Who should take these courses?

Educators; school counselors, social workers and psychologists; bullying prevention specialists; and afterschool program staff.


Would these courses be appropriate for me if I already have experience in the field of social and emotional learning?

An accelerated track program is available for those who have 5+ years of experience in the field successfully initiating and implementing social-emotional and character development in their setting. The accelerated course is currently only available at Rutgers Social-Emotional and Character Development Lab and combines course 101 and 102 into one.


Are these courses geared more towards elementary, middle or high school practitioners?

These courses are designed for practitioners working directly with students in preK-12.


Can I get college credit for these courses?

These courses are currently available as non-credit courses but continuing education credits are offered.


Are these courses appropriate for administrators or other educational leaders?

This certificate is designed for professionals who will provide direct instruction of the SECD competencies in a classroom, small group or afterschool setting. Administrators or educational leaders should consider the Certificate in School Leadership for Social-Emotional Learning and Character Development, which is a fully online program. More information is available at Academy for Social-Emotional Learning in Schools.


How can we go about hosting these two courses at our organization?

Please contact CPSEL for more information about hosting the two-day course at your location.